Reporting to the Product Division Manager and working alongside the Director of Development, the Warehouse Clerk will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of all warehouse activities and related tasks. The position is responsible for inventory management, packing and shipping products, restoration of wheelchairs, donation pick up, and working with volunteers.
We are seeking an individual who is organized, responsible, and experienced in working at a warehouse setting. This individual must be able to work independently without constant supervision and is willing to take initiative when needed.
· Oversee the staging and loading of all outgoing shipments and ensure the contents of the shipment match the inventory form that is provided to the Finance Manager
· Ensure all received donations have a matching inventory form that is provided to the Finance Manager
· Keep all items organized in the warehouse and regularly dispose of any products not being utilized for production
· Oversee the loading and unloading of UCP Wheels’ vehicles and all incoming and outgoing donations
· Oversee the packing of all export shipments to maximize the use of the space, follow the instructions of packing orders and protect packaged items from being damaged
· Assist in maintaining a safe working warehouse including meeting all OSHA & fire department compliance standards
· Drive UCP Wheels’ vehicles as needed to make donation pick-ups or deliveries
· Assist in the daily restoration of wheelchairs and supervision of volunteers to meet production goals as needed
· Ensure all warehouse supplies are stocked at all times including cleaning supplies, plastic utensils, toilet paper, etc.
· Ensure each wheelchair meets quality control standards developed in partnership with the Product Division Manager
· Provide purchasing requests for any materials or parts needed to continue wheelchair restorations
· Supervise volunteers as needed, providing a positive experience while consistently educating volunteers on UCP Wheels’ mission
· Train new volunteers on their role, ensuring supervision is provided for volunteers at all times and volunteers are supplied with all materials needed to complete their responsibilities
· Package or assist volunteers in packaging each product that have met quality control standards
· Support and train volunteer drivers as needed
· Possess a high school diploma
· Must have a valid CA Driver’s license
· Experience operating a forklift
· Proficient with a PC and data entry.
· Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
· Bilingual in English and Spanish a must.
Please apply by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by faxing it to 818.255.0233.