UCP Wheels for Humanity, a North Hollywood-based nonprofit organization working to bring mobility to people around the world, has an exciting internship opportunity available in the Development Department.
The Development Department builds and maintains relationships with individual, foundation and corporate donors to obtain monetary gifts for UCP Wheels for Humanity by working to solidify leads both in and out of UCP Wheels fundraising campaigns. Funds raised support the UCP Wheels mission: to provide increased self-sufficiency, mobility, and education for children and adults with disabilities throughout the world, without regard to political affiliation, religious belief or ethnic identity. Currently, UCP Wheels provides properly-fitted wheelchairs, as well as additional programs in mobility, therapy, empowerment, and advocacy, to people with disabilities in over a dozen countries.
The Marketing & Communications Intern will assist the UCP Development Department in its day-to-day work administering marketing and communications plans, working on public relations materials and providing social media support for the department. The intern will be under the supervision of the Marketing & Communications Coordinator.
• Audit and organize UCP Wheels photo and video libraries
• Build media lists
• Assist in creating marketing materials
• Assist with special events
• Provide administrative support to the Development Department
• Provide database and file management support
• Help manage and identify new donors
• Help manage and identify new opportunities for outreach and awareness
• Provide social media support
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development and/or Executive Director
To qualify for the Summer Internship Program, you must meet the following requirements:
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program, marketing, communications, journalism or public relations strongly preferred
• Minimum grade point average of 3.0
• Demonstrated interest in in non-profits, marketing, communications, public relations, international relief and development
• Self-motivated and self-directed. Able to work independently and initiate new activities
• Computer skills: expertise in Word, Excel, Power Point required
• Proficiency in AP Style, Photoshop and In Design a plus
• Flexible and able to prioritize and multi-task
• Strong communication skills both verbally and written
• Foreign language fluency is a plus, particularly Spanish
• Team player attitude • Must have own transportation
• Able to commit to a minimum of 20 hours per week from September to December 2015
Unpaid internship; academic credit is available.
Please email resume, cover letter and writing samples to email@example.com. Subject Line: Marketing & Communications Intern.
In your cover letter, include why you want to intern for UCP Wheels for Humanity, how this internship relates to your educational and career goals, and a favorite “fun fact” about yourself.
Applications must be submitted by August 24, 2015. Thank you for your interest!