Programs Administrative and Accounting Assistant
UCPW seeks a Programs Administrative and Accounting Assistant to support the Programs team in providing logistical, administrative, and financial backstopping support to ensure efficient implementation of UCP Wheels’ portfolio of projects. He/she will be responsible for coordinating payments for consultants; ensuring accurate and appropriate documentation of project costs; and reviewing and entering accounting data for project-related expenses. Administrative functions include responsibilities related to recruitment, facilitating project-related travel bookings, and logistical support as needed for programmatic activities. The Programs Administrative and Accounting Assistant is expected to complete his/her duties in a timely and accurate manner while maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information.
About UCP Wheels for Humanity:
Founded in 1996, UCP Wheels for Humanity (UCPW) increases access to mobility and improves quality of life for children and adults with physical disabilities in less-resourced countries. UCP Wheels makes strategic investments in communities by leveraging existing capacities and empowering local stakeholders. Based on the needs of each region in which we work, we offer one or more of our direct-service or capacity-building programs. These include the provision of appropriately fitted wheelchairs and empowerment programs, as well as advocacy and training initiatives. UCP Wheels leads mobility, therapy, and empowerment programs globally and acts as an advocate and capacity-building partner to local organizations, creating sustainable, community-based systems that support long-term change. For more information, visit www.ucpwheels.org
Expected Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the UCP Wheels’ Global Programs Manager, in coordination with the Senior AT/Rehab Coordinator, the Administrative and Accounting Assistant will be responsible for performing the following primary tasks:
- Review project-related consultant and staff expense reports and reimbursement requests, monthly credit card report reconciliations, and payment requests for completeness, accuracy, allowability, and appropriate coding, and process in a timely manner with appropriate approvals
- Manage and track consultancy contracts and payments; liaise with consultants as needed to process invoice and reimbursement payments
- Scan and upload Accounts Payable (A/P) packets, deposits, and journal entries into QuickBooks (QB) for assigned projects
- Review headquarters and field office QB transactions to ensure that they are accurately described and coded and include appropriate supporting documentation
- Process payment requests, file A/P packets and deposits, and mail A/P checks as needed
- Coordinate airfare and lodging bookings for staff and consultants following UCPW policies and procedures; save supporting documentation in line with UCPW filing protocols
- Assist in developing job descriptions for project positions as relevant, post job descriptions to job boards, and support other recruitment and human resources tasks as needed.
- Provide file maintenance and cloud system management support; maintain relevant documentation and records in hard copy and soft copy, including original receipts
- Provide feedback on streamlining financial and administrative processes to better support program implementation
- Other administrative and accounting tasks that may arise
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, such as Social Science, Business Administration, Global Health, or International Relations/Development
- At least 2 years of relevant financial and project administration experience, preferably with familiarity of US government financial and accounting rules and regulations
- Demonstrated experience managing finances with integrity and transparency
- Detail oriented with good organizational and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to take initiative in finding solutions to complex challenges
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Proactive problem solver who is equally comfortable asking for help and finding a solution with little direction.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Positive attitude, sense of humor, and a commitment to a positive work environment
- Demonstrated ability to work well in teams, comfort with periods of ambiguity, and constructive participation in ongoing organizational development
- Experience with Microsoft Office software, Gmail, and cloud filing systems; proficiency with QuickBooks highly preferred
- Fluency in English required
- Fluency in Spanish, Mandarin, Bahasa, Ukrainian and/or Russian a plus
Apply by: November 15, 2020
Compensation type: Salaried, exempt, paid bi-weekly
Benefits: Health, dental, paid vacation, life insurance, sick leave, and personal paid time off
Please submit a cover letter and resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 15, 2020. Please include “Application for Programs Administrative and Accounting Assistant: YOUR NAME” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Due to the volume of replies, please do not contact the office directly.
UCP Wheels is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. UCP Wheels encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.