Reporting to the Director of Development, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for helping tell the story of UCP Wheels for Humanity and how we are helping people with disabilities access opportunities in life. The ideal candidate must have the ability to tell compelling stories in narrative and visual form while being creative in telling those stories. This hands-on position will require experience and skills in designing, managing, and executing marketing, communications, and community engagement campaigns. They are comfortable working independently as well as collaborating with peers within the organization. We are seeking a team member that can build, cultivate, and maintain relationships.
Marketing and Communications
· Design, create, and oversee the development of compelling organizational materials including: newsletters, brochures, media packets, program literatures, reports, press releases, fundraising appeals, and other materials.
· Design and create all event and campaign materials related to our annual fundraising event – Wheels in Motion and other events/campaigns.
· Maintain an annual Marketing and Communications calendar.
· Work with the Director of Development in designing and developing direct mail pieces and other annual communication and fundraising materials.
· Oversee and manage contractors and consultants (graphic designers, photographers, etc.) when necessary.
Web & Online
· Collaborate with the Director of Development to develop strategies to compliment fundraising efforts including social media and fundraising campaigns.
· Daily maintenance and management of website, blog, and social media platforms.
· Develop systems and strategies to create and collect compelling content.
· Develop strategies and campaigns to increase the number of followers and likes while developing meaningful digital relationships with our supporters and friends.
· Design, develop, and distribute HTML emails and e-newsletters for our audiences.
· Develop a community engagement plan with the goal of increasing our base of friends and strengthen relationships with current supporters.
· Conduct presentations to businesses, corporations, community groups and organizations, and other relevant groups to inform them about the mission and work of UCP Wheels for Humanity.
· Maintain an active portfolio of UCP Wheels friends and supporters who are willing to share their stories in all forms (print, online, event) in support of our mission.
· Excellent design skills and experience using Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
· Deep understanding and knowledge of social media platforms and their audiences (Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and how those platforms can elevate our mission and brand
· Experience in analytics and advanced tools to schedule, optimize, and analyze social media campaigns and activities
· Functional knowledge of Constant Contact, Salsa, Expression Engine, and basic HTML/CSS
· Skills in using MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint
· A minimum of 3 years Marketing, Communications, and Social Media experience.
· Excellent writing and communication skills in written and verbal form
· Valid CA Driver’s license and reliable transportation
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year university
· Bilingual in English and Spanish (a plus)
This is full-time, exempt position. Office hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm, but schedule may vary.
$43,000 – $45,000 annually depending on experience + health, dental, and retirement benefits
Please apply by emailing your cover letter, resume, salary history and 3 professional references to email@example.com. In the subject line include the following: Marketing and Communications Coordinator – Name. Please include writing samples (such as blogs, email marketing and fundraising pieces, newsletter articles, etc.), your LinkedIn profile or any other relevant pieces that highlights your skills and qualifications.