Reporting to the Director of Development, the Grants Coordinator will be responsible for identifying, researching, writing, and submission of funding proposals and letters of interest to public and private grant making institutions.
The Grants Coordinator will focus on securing financial support for programmatic needs and general operating support for the organization. There will be additional opportunities to assist in securing funding support for our country offices located in Indonesia, El Salvador, and Nicaragua.
· Develops, assembles, writes, and submits grant requests including letters of interest, proposals, budgets, and relevant materials
· Conduct research on potential funding sources from the public and private sector including foundations, corporations, government entities, and other philanthropic organizations
· Assist with the writing, editing, and submission of periodic grant reports and materials
· Management and maintenance of the grants calendar including grants folders
· Meet regularly with the Director of Development to discuss strategies and plans for accomplishing fundraising goals
· Submission of regular status reports of pending, submitted, and received grants
· Develops relationships with local philanthropic entities in a variety of setting toidentify and generate funding opportunities
· Develop working relationships with program staff domestically and internationally to gather data, reports, stories, and updates about our various programs and projects
· Develop a strong understanding of the organization’s mission, goals, and programs
· Assist with special projects and development activities as needed
· Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Successful experience with securing public (government) and private (foundation) grant support
· Strong ability to articulate ideas in a concise and coherent manner
· Excellent attention to detail
· Ability to meet multiple deadlines
· Self-directed and independent
· Solid budget development skills and experience
· Comfortable in social and networking settings
· Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills
· Strong analytical and research skills using online sources and databases
· Must have reliable transportation and valid automobile insurance.
This is full-time, exempt position. Office hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm, but schedule may vary.
$40,000 – $43,000 annually depending on experience + health, dental, and retirement benefits
Please apply by emailing your cover letter, resume, salary history and 3 professional references to email@example.com. In the subject line include the following: Grants Coordinator – Name. You must submit a minimum of 3 writing samples.