UCP Wheels for Humanity seeks a full-time Clinical Coordinator based in North Hollywood, California, USA, to support international wheelchair service trainings and project management on large-scale USAID-funded programs.
The Clinical Coordinator will report directly to the Program Manager and support international programs. UCP Wheels works in over 10 countries annually and manages large-scale USAID-funded programs in Indonesia, El Salvador and Nicaragua. The Clinical Coordinator will: coordinate, oversee and often conduct wheelchair service trainings around the world; support the implementation and oversight of USAID programs; and develop and refine training and clinical materials in the areas of wheelchair provision. The Clinical Coordinator will be charged with leading trainings in complex developing country contexts — prior understanding of how to work within such contexts while achieving organization-wide goals is a must.
- Lead wheelchair service delivery trainings covering clinical and technical adjustment of wheelchairs
- Oversee and coordinate logistics for wheelchair service trainings
- Oversee and support volunteer and staff trainers
- Support international clinical staff and refine clinical strategy within programs
- Support program implementation needs including project planning, reporting, budget management and proposal development
- Develop and/or refine clinical materials, including assistive technology product guides, training manuals and diagrams
- Oversee international programs to ensure they meet the outlined objectives within the defined project timeline
- Maintain and develop relationships with partners and funding agencies
- Oversee wheelchair clinics throughout the world as needed
- Provide administrative support to the Program Manager
- Other duties as assigned
- Wheelchair seating experience, especially in pediatric wheelchairs (ATP, CRTS)
- Self-motivated and self-directed. Ability to work independently and initiate new activities
- Passion for international development work
- BA/BS in a related field
- Computer skills: fluent in Word, Excel, Power Point; familiar with Google Drive and other file-sharing applications
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Willingness to travel to developing countries, often independently, up to 30%. Travel may be for 1-3 weeks at a time.
- Spanish language skills a plus
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com, Subject Line: Clinical Coordinator
Location: North Hollywood, CA
Salary Range: $52,000 – $58,000
This is a full-time, salaried position at a nonprofit organization.