POSITION SUMMARY – Director of Development
UCP Wheels for Humanity is seeking an experienced, driven, and goal oriented Director of Development who will be responsible for the strategic planning, management, and implementation of the organization’s fund development efforts. The ideal candidate will be adept at creating and implementing plans to achieve long-term goals, while also balancing the day-to-day needs of the organization. This position reports to the Executive Director, and will directly supervise two full-time staff members.
- Achieve an annual fundraising goal of approximately $1 million through major gifts, foundation and corporate support, special events, direct mail, and website/email/social media campaigns
- Forge and maintain relationships and strategies to build the organization’s visibility, impact, and financial resources
- Work with the senior management team on the creation of the organization’s strategic plan, and develop short- and long-term goals for securing resources to carry out the plan
- Develop and execute a well-designed stewardship plan for various donor levels
- Create a corporate and foundation grants strategy and oversee its execution
- Lead the annual fundraising event planning committee and manage the execution of the organization’s signature event
- Support the creation of key messages and develop communications plans to increase the organization’s visibility
- Work with the Marketing Manager to create all organizational materials and publications including solicitation campaigns and letters, brochures and newsletters, press releases, event-related materials, web, and social media content
- Regularly provide verbal, written, quantitative, and qualitative fund development and communications analyses, briefings, and recommendations to the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Develop and manage a productive team of two full-time staff, and provide guidance to staff throughout the organization on issues related to external relations
- Manage the implementation of Bloomerang and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and manage the annual budget for all outreach, communications, and fundraising expenses
- 6-10 years of professional experience in nonprofit fundraising
- 2-5 years of experience supervising staff
- Knowledge in several aspects of fund development, including grant writing, event planning, direct mail, corporate engagement, and donor relations
- Experience developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board members, donors, and foundations
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a leader and as part of a team
- Donor database management experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (a plus)
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
This is a full-time, exempt position at our International Headquarters in Chatsworth, California. Our normal office hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm, but your schedule may vary.
We offer a competitive compensation package, salary depending on experience, with health, dental, and a 403(b) retirement plan.
Please apply by May 14, 2018, by emailing a resume and cover letter addressed to Dr. Ronald Cohen, Chief Executive Officer to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject Line: Director of Development.
Due to volume of replies we ask that you not contact the office directly.
UCP Wheels is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. UCP Wheels encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.